Students in 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades will be administered the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) and the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) during the months of September and October. A detailed parent letter explaining these tests went home in the Thursday courier on 8/27/15.
The district has established a testing window of the following dates:
September 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, and 21 - ITBS
September 22, 23, 24, 25 - ITBS make-ups
October 5, 6, and 7 - CogAT
October 8 - CogAT make-ups
In an effort to ensure that your child has an opportunity to perform at his or her best, you can help by taking the following steps:
If you have further questions, please contact Ms. Edwards.
- Limit evening activities prior to testing so that adequate time is provided for rest.
- Discuss the importance of testing with your son/daughter.
- Provide two number two pencils.
- Provide a nutritious breakfast at home. Breakfast is also served at the school from 7:00 – 7:40am.
- Ensure your child is present and on time each morning. Avoid scheduling doctor/dentist appointments during the testing period.
- In the event an emergency arises, please contact the school counselor.